|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Brookland–CUA (Washington Metro). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Metro Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|
Brookland-CUA is a Washington Metro station in Washington, D.C. on the Red Line. It is located in Northeast at Monroe & 9th Street near Michigan Avenue, and serves the Brookland neighborhood of Northeast Washington and The Catholic University of America. Service began on March 27, 1976.
An unusual feature of this station is that the platform is slightly curved, requiring mirrors to be placed on the inbound side of the platform, to aid train operators in making sure the area is clear before closing the doors.
Notable places nearbyEdit
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- The Catholic University of America
- Children's National Medical Center
- Mount St. Sepulchre Franciscan Monastery
- Trinity Washington University
- Washington Hospital Center
|Previous station||Washington Metro||Next station|
toward Shady Grove