|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Pelham Bay Park (IRT Pelham Line). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Metro Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|
Pelham Bay Park is the northern terminal of the IRT Pelham Line of the New York City Subway. Located by Pelham Bay Park, at the intersection of the Bruckner Expressway and Westchester Avenue in the Bronx, it is served by the 6 train at all times
This is an elevated station which has two tracks, one island platform and two side platforms. The side platforms are no longer used. In 2005, work commenced to build rooms on the side platforms for temporary crew use while the crew quarters at the north end of the station are rebuilt. At the south end is a staff-only crossover bridge between the center and west side platform. It also used to connect to the east side platform but that portion has been removed. At the north end of the platforms are the track bumper blocks and a crew quarters area. There is also a tower and crew facilities at the south end. Fare control is in the mezzanine. There are old style signs which are covered over on the main platform.
New York City TransitEdit
- Bx5: via Bruckner Boulevard and Story Avenue to Simpson Street (Template:NYCS White Plains center local) subway station, or via Shore Road to Orchard Beach (special summer weekend service only)
- Bx12: via Pelham Parkway and Fordham Road to Inwood–207th Street (A), Manhattan, or University Heights, Bronx; or to Co-op City, Bronx, New York, or via Shore Road to Orchard Beach (special summer service only)
- [[Gun Hill Bus Depot#Bus routes served by the Gun Hill Bus Depot|Bx12 ]+selectbusservice]: via Pelham Parkway and Fordham Road to Inwood–207th Street (A), Manhattan; or via the New England Thruway to the Bay Plaza Shopping Center.
- Bx14: via Westchester Avenue to Parkchester (Template:NYCS Pelham south) subway station, or to Country Club, Bronx
- Bx29: to Bay Plaza Shopping Center, Co-op City, or via Shore Road and City Island Avenue to City Island, Bronx
- Q50: to Co-op City, or via Bruckner Boulevard (service road of the Bruckner Expressway), Bronx Whitestone Bridge, and Whitestone Expressway to Main Street–Flushing (7 <7>
) subway station, Queens
- BxM7A: express via Bruckner Boulevard, Triborough Bridge, Second Avenue, and Fifth Avenue to 23rd Street, Gramercy, Manhattan
Nearby points of interest Edit