|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Ruggles (MBTA station). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Metro Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|
Ruggles Station is a MBTA subway station on the Orange Line; it is also a MBTA commuter rail station serving the Providence/Stoughton, Franklin, and Needham Lines. It is located at the intersection of Ruggles and Tremont Streets in Boston. The station occupies the site that was previously the South End Grounds, home of the Boston Braves. Ruggles also serves as a major bus terminal for city bus routes listed here:
- 8: Harbor Point/Umass - Kenmore Station via B.U. Medical Center & Dudley Station
- 15: Kane Sq. or Fields Corner Station - Ruggles Station via Uphams Corner
- 19: Fields Corner Station - Kenmore or Ruggles Station via Grove Hall & Dudley Station
- 22: Ashmont Station - Ruggles Station via Talbot Ave. & Jackson Square
- 23: Ashmont Station - Ruggles Station via Washington St.
- 28: Mattapan Station - Ruggles Station via Dudley Station
- 42: Forest Hills Station - Dudley or Ruggles Station via Washington St.
- 43: Ruggles Station - Park & Tremont Sts. via Tremont St.
- 44: Jackson Square - Ruggles Station via Seaver St. and Humboldt Ave.
- 45: Franklin Park Zoo - Ruggles Sta. via Blue Hill Ave.
- 47: Central Sq., Cambridge - Broadway Station via B.U. Medical Center, Dudley Station and the Longwood Medical Area
- CT2: Sullivan Station - Ruggles Station via Kendall/M.I.T.
- CT3: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Andrew Station via B.U. Medical Center
- Museum of Fine Arts (the Museum of Fine Arts stop on the Green Line is closer, but this stop is more convenient for people on the Orange Line)
- Northeastern University, Boston
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
This station is fully wheelchair accessible.
|Previous station||MBTA||Next station|
toward Forge Park/495
toward South Station
toward Needham Heights
toward Forest Hills
toward Oak Grove